Friday, 14 February 2020
Invitation to be a CPSU NSW Delegate: Call for nominations at Northcott
Call for noms – Feb 2020 (PDF version)
CPSU NSW Delegates are the day-to-day face of the union in the workplace. Delegates have a crucial role to play in the union.
Members look to Delegates as workplace leaders on issues that matter to them.
Without Delegates, the CPSU NSW would not be able to function.
The role of a CPSU NSW Delegate is to:
- To be available to assist members and hear their views
- Actively protect and advance the interests of members
- Be active in the workplace and promote the work of the CPSU NSW.
Northcott delegates are part of much larger team of delegates across the disability sector and the CPSU NSW/PSA. Delegates are supported and mentored by CPSU NSW/PSA industrial staff, and receive professional training by the union to assist in their role.
Currently there are CPSU NSW delegates vacancies for the Northcott Disability Council. The role of the Delegates Council is to:
- Enquire into, consider and report to and advise the union upon matters of concern to its members
- provide a strong and organised workplace union structure
- grow the Union and build workplace union power
- promote the principles of EEO, OH&S and welfare rights, of members
- negotiate, improve and protect members’ employment conditions
- represent members with issues affecting their employment
- advocate and campaign for the interests of the broader labour movement
- recruit members to the Union with the aim to achieve 100 per cent density
- refer members to the various services provided by the union
- advise the DISABILITY SECTOR DELEGATES’ COUNCIL OF NSW on the interests of members.
NOMINATE TO BECOME A DELEGATE
You can nominate to be a delegate by filling in the nomination form at the following link www.surveymonkey.com/r/NominationforWorksiteDelegateFrom2020
NOT A MEMBER YET? JOIN THE CPSU NSW HERE
Follow the CPSU NSW on Facebook www.facebook.com/CPSUNSW
CONTACT THE CPSU NSW
Tony Hay Organiser email@example.com
Jessica Moore Industrial Officer firstname.lastname@example.org