Wednesday, 3 April 2019
EASTER PUBLIC HOLIDAYS – CHECK YOUR PAY
EASTER PUBLIC HOLIDAYS – CHECK YOUR PAY – April 2019 (PDF version)
It is important over the Easter period that you all know when the gazetted public holidays so you know if you are getting paid correctly. The following days are public holidays over Easter:
- Good Friday, 19 April 2019
- Easter Saturday, 20 April 2019
- Easter Sunday, 21 April 2019
- Easter Monday, 22 April 2019
- Anzac Day, 25 April 2019
It has come to the attention of CPSU NSW that HWNS had provided some incorrect information to some Team Leaders leaving off Good Saturday as a public holiday. We advised HWNS management and they agreed that the above are the correct Holidays they would ensure this was corrected.
Also over the break please be aware that if you are working a night shift which does not cross over to a public holiday that there specific ways you are to be paid for the time:
- If the hours you work are less than a normal shift, that means if your full shift does not fall on the public holiday your rate of pay will be in accordance what the majority of your shift has been rostered for.
- If the majority of your hours working a night shift are not on the public holiday you are to be regarded as not having worked the public holiday so are entitled to either:
- be paid one day’s pay in addition to the weekly rate or, if you have elected to
- have one day added to their period of recreation leave.
We urge you to check your pay over this period. If there are any issues please do not hesitate to contact the CPSU to seek guidance.