Tuesday, 16 May 2017
University of Wollongong member bulletin
University of Wollongong member bulletin – May 2017 (PDF version)
The CPSU is the union for all Professional Staff
Consider joining your union, the Community & Public Sector Union (CPSU), the largest union nationwide representing professional staff (131,500 members across Australia).
The CPSU represents professional staff (non-academic) and ONLY professional staff.
The CPSU is also the only union that in 2017/8 will continue to negotiate for a SEPARATE Enterprise Agreement for professional staff
Why am I being asked to Join NOW
In the lead up to the next Enterprise Agreement negotiations which expires 2018 it is vital you become involved and have your say regarding:
- a separate Enterprise Agreement taking into account the interests of professional staff only
- the maintenance and improvement of salaries and conditions negotiated specifically to meet the needs of professional staff
- more secure forms of employment rather than casual or fixed term contracts.
Take advantage of the benefits that membership provides you with:
- union membership that builds power in the workplace and provides workers with the opportunity to positively influence change within their workplace and organisation
- a dedicated Member Support Centre to assist members with enquiries
- Journey Personal Accident Insurance (travelling to and from work which is no longer covered by Workers Compensation)
- low fees starting from $7 a fortnight, that is tax deductible and provides great value for money
- free advice and support for industrial and workers compensation matters
- Value-Added Member Services that include Personal Injury Insurance; Provident Fund and member only offers from Sydney Credit Union (SCU). We work in conjunction with the Workers Health Centre for injured workers and you can access one free consultation with W G McNally Jones Staff Lawyers on any non-industrial matter.
For further information on these Value-Added Member Services click HERE.
Go to the CPSU/PSA website at www.psa.asn.au and click the JOIN button NOW.
Please circulate to your colleagues and post on notice boards.
All members of the CPSU NSW are also members of the PSA. The PSA is the associated body that manages and resources the CPSU in NSW.