Friday, 8 November 2019
Flex Time is My Time
Flex thanks and update – Nov 2019 (PDF version)
Thank you for filling in the Flex Survey. More than 41 per cent of CPSU NSW members completed the survey, demonstrating that this an important issue for Professional Staff. The survey results reveal that there are three major barriers to accessing to flex. They are:
- Local managers not respecting Professional Staff’s ability to take flex
- The inability to take flex because of workload demands
- Managers not allowing Professional Staff to accrue time, so they can take flex.
The survey results were brought to the Higher Education Representation Council (HERC) meeting on the 5 November 2019. HERC delegates developed the next phase of the Flex Time Is My Time campaign. More details of this campaign will be provided shortly.
The CPSU NSW is dedicated to fighting for Professional Staff ensuring that they have the ability to have access to flex.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- If you would like to be involved in the CPSU NSW to help ensure that your workplace rights are respected and upheld, please contact your HERC delegate, or CPSU NSW organiser, Kirra Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Talk to your co-workers about their experience with flex, and let them know that the union is here to help.
- Share this Bulletin with other Professional Staff.
- JOIN the CPSU NSW HERE.
YOUR CPSU NSW HERC DELEGATES
University of Sydney
Grant Wheeler email@example.com
University of NSW
Alister Wareing firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Brown email@example.com
University of Technology, Sydney
Rosa Bow firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Christopher email@example.com
Western Sydney University
Scott Pendlebury firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Reolon email@example.com
University of Newcastle
Sue Freeman firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Wollongong
Sian O’Sullivan email@example.com
Southern Cross University
Shelley Odewahn firstname.lastname@example.org
Marnya Flanagan email@example.com
Australian Catholic University
Richard Faulkner firstname.lastname@example.org
University of New England
Rob Webster email@example.com
Charles Sturt University
John Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirra Jackson email@example.com