

MEETING DATE	Tuesday 08/05/2018	VENUE	Cathedral Room – Building C Cumberland State Forest, West Pennant Hills	TIME	10.00 a.m. 12.30 p.m.
ATTENDEES	Organisation	Representatives			
	Chair	Sarah McAskill (HR Manager)			
	Forestry Corporation	Linda Christie (HR Business Partner) Adrian Cormick (H&S Business Partner) Maxene May (Minutes)			
	CPSU	Rachel O’Shea (CPSU Industrial Officer) Julian Armstrong Nigel Fuller			
	AWU	Paul Noack (Assistant Secretary AWU) Jamie Harris Jamie Churchill Brian Lynch Andrew Condie Kyle Richardson			
AGENDA ITEM 1 & 2	<p>Welcome & Previous Minutes Sarah: Apology received from Ross Dickson. We refer to the Previous Minutes distributed on 1 March 2018 – Previous Minutes accepted by All.</p>				
AGENDA ITEM 3	<p>Business Arising – Action Items from last meeting</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none"> 1. Provide age profile via email to Unions (Sarah) Sarah: Provided age profile via email. Nigel: Requested further breakdown by employee type i.e.: casual/temp/perm. 2. Review and discuss temporary employees in Eden (Linda to discuss with Garth) Linda – Still outstanding – will discuss further with Garth. 3. Consider changes to Constitution and provide response to Unions Sarah: Minor grammatical changes proposed by CPSU – accepted. Constitution finalised. 4. Check whether procurement process is to be completed by April (Paul) Chifley Salary sacrifice provider seems to be getting blocked by Government procurement. 				
ACTIONS	<ol style="list-style-type: none"> 1. Provide further age profile breakdown to Unions <i>(Sarah)</i> 2. Review and discuss temporary employees in Eden <i>(Linda to discuss with Garth)</i> 3. Paul to follow through with NSW Government on procurement process <i>(Paul)</i> 				

<p>AGENDA ITEM 4</p>	<p>Standing Items</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Key Safety Data • Drug and Alcohol Policy & Procedure update • Staffing Numbers 	<p>PERSON RESPONSIBLE</p>	<p>All</p>
<p>DISCUSSION</p>	<p>Key Safety Data Adrian: - Hardwood is slightly up unfortunately. Overall close to target. Tracking well after 360° rollout. You will note on Page 3 – Industry Graph – we are sitting a little above the ‘contributing’ AFPA organisations. There is only a select handful that have contributed to this data as it is all relatively new. - Near misses – small dip – getting closer to meeting target. Hazards – tracking above target. Leadership – tracking well. Injury Severity – trending down over past 4 years. - TMF – Workers Compensation – Comparison of Industry like for like. We are green – so below average but very positive trend. We are 1/3 of the rest of the group so heading in the right direction.</p> <p>Rachel: When did you stop being self-insured? Sarah: It was a few years ago however we still manage a ‘tail’ of self-insurance claims. Adrian: LTIs since last meeting 2 x Contractor truck roll overs – one where the driver injured his ribs & back. Many slips and trips – ankle injuries. We have noted that women’s boots cut away at the back and not as supportive as they should be. Some people are getting a bit relaxed about footwear. Lifting and twisting injury – technique issue. Dozer rollover – being investigated/driver cracked ribs Nigel: In relation to the slips/trips – are they carrying anything in their hands? Adrian: Yes – there was a distraction/not watching where they are walking.</p> <p>Defibrillators Paul: What is happening with the supply of these? Adrian: Defibs have been provided in all Command Vehicles. Advanced kit has defib + oxygen. 10 units have been purchased. The hurdle has been the training. Safety wanted to do Remote + Oxygen but Fire wanted to do the 4-day full advanced training. Paul: How many trained? Adrian: Initially 20-30 in a Pilot program.</p> <p>PPE Adrian: New Shirts from Riverina with insect repellent are being embroidered now. Jamie H: Where is the PPE Committee up to? Sarah: Mark McRostie has resigned and he was heading up that Committee, so could be why no further progress?</p> <p>Safety Leadership Engagement Nigel: It is not acceptable that safety conversations are being ramped up in last 3 months of financial year.</p>		

	<p>Sarah: People have been undertaking safety conversations for a long time, it could just be that they were not recording them.</p> <p>Adrian: You will notice a flatline when Ian Brown left as it took a while for new appointment – so Softwoods fell a bit behind.</p> <p>AOD Policy & Procedure:</p> <p>Adrian: We are tracking well and are head and shoulders above all other industries tested.</p> <p>Paul : Are Contractors in scope now?</p> <p>Adrian: Yes – we have kicked off the pilot with 4 x Contractors – going well for harvest & haulage.</p> <p>Andrew: Were you aware of big Police operation on 7/5/18 targeting truck drivers in Tambarrumba? 19 x truck infringements and 6 x traffic infringements.</p> <p>Sarah: No – I was only made aware of it this morning.</p> <p>Kyle: I heard one guy had to come back after he was 2 hours away.</p> <p>Adrian: But he did get paid for it. The business decision was to ensure that the testing is a random selection. Because we hand over a ‘Worksite’ for example if the Harvester Contractor controls the site, there may be some FCNSW Staff that will also be tested at that time.</p> <p>Staffing Numbers</p> <p>Graph and table distributed.</p> <p>Jamie: Field Based (FB) currently sits at 165.34</p> <p>Sarah: Level 1 to CEO Level are included in Office Based. FB are only Levels 1 to 3.</p> <p>Paul: Our concern is that the FB FTE was 313 (Sept 2011) and huge drop to now 165.</p> <p>Sarah: The Nursery has shut down and Workshop has shutdown and both SPD and HFD have restructured.</p> <p>Paul: We want to raise FTE by 1 x Permanent in Bombala for Pest Control position.</p> <p>Paul: Spoke to Minister, wrote a letter, very frustrated as no response from current Minister. It is a very important area – Feral Animal Control. We want a joint meeting with FCNSW and the Minister for a commitment.</p> <p>Sarah: There is a bid currently in with the NSW Government seeking funding for 3 x positions.</p> <p>Paul: We feel that it is important enough to set up a meeting with FCNSW Management and the Minister.</p> <p>Hunting</p> <p>No significant issues. Gunshots heard from illegal hunter – needs to be reported to Police.</p> <p>Paul: Every meeting now nothing has happened so we are quite happy to remove off Agenda.</p>
<p>ACTION</p>	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Sarah to follow up with Ross Dickson to discuss opportunity to set up an appointment with AWU and FCNSW re: Feral Animal Control in NSW and approach to Minister (Sarah) • Remove ‘Hunting’ from Standard Items Agenda (Sarah) • Pick up anything in Safety Report (Adrian)

<p>AGENDA ITEM 5</p>	<p>Forestry Corporation</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Parental Toolkit • 360 ° Safe • Diversity and Inclusion • Employee Engagement Pulse Survey • Production North Safety Days (Jamie Harris) • Employee Assistance Program • Injury Severity Benchmarking
<p>DISCUSSION</p>	<p>Fleet Telemetrics</p> <p>Paul: We have been inundated with calls re the money payable. We are totally opposed to the \$500 if someone is irresponsible, then there are other ways to discipline the worker but in terms of fining a worker –</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> - It is outside the EA - Illegal <p>Also questions if someone is having trouble with logging in and therefore people use another worker’s vehicle and it is already logged in – need additional training for each worker. We need clarification of “negligence” – for example the worker that pulled out in front of the truck – do you classify that’s negligence?</p> <p>Sarah: That incident is subject to investigation. We don’t know if that worker is negligent it is part of an investigation and will feed into a Management decision. The fine is there to serve as a deterrent, so workers are accountable for their actions and each incident will be considered based on the circumstances of the event.</p> <p>Paul: People are concerned that they will have to pay the \$500 first before the investigation is commenced?</p> <p>Jamie: When you are on fires and you can’t see and you run into a stump – is that negligent? I see negligence as people doing donuts in their company vehicle.</p> <p>Linda: Yes there are a whole range of issues but it is mainly there as a deterrent. There are also varying degrees of negligence based on the situation / driving ability of the employee etc. Managers are to remember there is a human element and the punishment has to fit the crime and be reasonable. Aim and intent is the fine to act as a deterrent.</p> <p>Rachel: Needs to be more communication/clarity around this Policy.</p> <p>Linda: I agree, we need more consistency.</p> <p>Nigel: We need a Flowchart so that Managers can understand next steps.</p> <p>Paul: There is still an issue around the \$500 fine. What determines negligence? I don’t want to get into this debate. We need to nut this out – we don’t mind different disciplines – scale of discipline. Would like to see a freeze on this until it is sorted out.</p>

Sarah: On the Plus side – it is refreshing to know that people have read the Policy. No-one has been charged the \$500 and it has not been enacted at this point. It is not a revenue generating exercise. We have a Fair & Just culture. We need to learn about our driver behaviour. Not all vehicles are fitted with the telemetrics devices. We will be looking at driver behaviour under our Fair & Just Policy and need to understand what does this data look like.

Paul: Can we put a 'freeze' on this fine issue? We need someone from management to advise.

Sarah: I will escalate the issue to Ross Dickson to have further discussions with you however I cannot put a 'freeze' on the fine.

Linda: Appropriate procedural fairness. We have disciplinary policy as outlined in the AOD Policy around managing appropriately. A – it sends a message and B – sets an example that it's not OK but it's not black and white.

Nigel: The D&A Policy is explicit with flowcharts and advises of Counselling etc. We want a flowchart.

Sarah: The background of an individual will determine the outcome. Driving history and previous performance impact on what an outcome may look like.

Paul: You could put something into the Policy that will trigger the 'negligence' issue but there is so much undefined. We will be letting members know that it has been escalated to Ross Dickson.

Brian: People out there that don't care about their vehicle the deterrent message is good as if you don't look after your vehicle, you will end up being found out and possibly face a fine.

Rachel: You also have the issue that people won't report their bumps/scratches.

Linda: We did go out to other industries to find out about deterrents.

Adrian: Jump on line to look at Log Book Me.

Brian: Who looks at the data? Over 120kms for 10 seconds – you could face a fine?

Adrian: We will get the data and look at driver behaviour. There is no one 'watching' a drivers every turn for turn.

Sarah: Our forests are all geofenced and this all part of our education process.

Linda: We will also ask for feedback from our managers.

Jamie: Excessive cornering – how does this work?

Adrian: Industry standard. Feedback – you were speeding X speed.

Jamie: Why not have an alarm if you go over speed limit and you don't get an 'instant' reprimand for a month.

Brian: Does it track seatbelts?

Adrian: Not that I'm aware of.

Brian: I can guarantee that everyone on the fire line does not wear seatbelts.

ACTION: Sarah to redistribute FAQ email.

Nigel: Rachel sent a letter that I believe Ross will be responding to?

Rachel: We are looking at receiving 'Instant' feedback – not having you be notified of something that happened a month ago.

Sarah: A speedometer gives instant feedback – drivers should refer to this.

Linda: A lot of modern vehicles you can set limits. Reporting is still being investigated.

Brian: Log Book Me collect the data or FCNSW?

Nigel: If not possible to get instantaneous feedback – can driver be notified same day?

Adrian: We can ask the question.

Linda: Main problem is that we don't know. Pilliga is prime example. Good roads and wide so people do over 60kms per hour in the forest.

Brian: Are we getting Telemetrics in Tankers?

Adrian: Light commercial, trucks then tankers but no commitment. Uses 4G but there will still be blackspots.

Andrew: How does it work when you are out of range?

Adrian: Like FCMapp App – you can work offline and then sync it once back in range.

Finance & Technology Update

Sarah: Finance & Technology re-alignment. Ernst & Young did review and a number of staff were given first opportunity to apply for positions within new structure. All staff affected who applied for 'new' positions were appropriately placed. Two staff, who did not apply for 'new' positions, were offered VRs which they have accepted. The re-structure has involved a net headcount increase of two.

Parental Toolkit

Linda: We are pleased with the outcome. I have worked in multi-nationals to provide better clarity and have transparency with providing information to parents in general. Keeping connected gives managers and staff guidelines around what discussions to have and hopefully

encourages managers to keep connected regularly. It is also about extended periods of leave as there are varying rules around different types of extended leave.

Rachel: Love it!

Linda: Thank you – we are proud of it.

Rachel: This is great and saves you trying to find all relevant information.

Kyle: Very good job – a long time coming.

Linda: Thank you. FCNSW provides quite generous leave options. If you get any feedback, please let me know.

360° Safe

Adrian: Most people know the background – LJM prepared a gap analysis and we prioritised 4 key areas which have been turned into 4 Project teams:-

- ✓ Critical Risk
- ✓ Contractors
- ✓ Leadership
- ✓ Wellbeing

We are now going back to the business with input from each project group.

Nigel: I think I am on critical risk but I haven't heard anything further from the EOI?

Adrian: I will need to follow up.

ACTION: Adrian to follow up re Nigel on Project Team.

Diversity/Inclusion

Sarah: The scorecard was released on International Women's Day was well received by the business.

Linda: HFD – if you let me know of new roles happening, I can ensure that we have diversity on the selection panels too.

Sarah: We hope to challenge some of the stereotypes of whether it is a girls or blokes job.

Paul: I was pleasantly surprised when I addressed the fire casuals – it is good to see so many females now joining up.

Pulse Survey

Sarah: One more week for staff to complete.

Brian: Not confidential – asks DOB/Workgroup/Location

Sarah: FCNSW does not get that data – is it collected by AON Hewitt.

Linda: We are looking at certain demographics for example – what motivates a 25 year old is very different to what motivates a 45 year old.

	<p>EAP</p> <p>Sarah: EAP provider is Converge and this is a confidential service. Every individual can access 3 x sessions and then additional sessions can be made available to staff.</p> <p>Linda: If you have colleagues going through relationship breakdowns/ legal matters etc. it is a very good resource. Conflict management etc. I will send around the Link.</p> <p>Adrian: Converge can do presentations on Resilience etc.</p> <p>Sarah: You can also go to your GP who will put you on a Mental Health Care Plan – which is covered under Medicare.</p> <p>Andrew: Preparing for Fire Season – everyone talks about being physically fit but being ‘mentally’ fit should be included in our Fire Camps. There can be quite a lot of critical incident stress.</p> <p>Sarah – I think that is a great point which I will take up with Cameron.</p> <p>ACTION: Sarah to speak to Cameron about ‘Mentally Preparing for Fire Season” Linda to send around Link to Converge</p>
<p>DISCUSSION</p>	<p>Other Business</p> <p>Paul: It has recently been reported that State Forests are handing over 25,000 hectares to National Parks. What effect on workforce will this have? Who will be looking after the land? We put you on Notice to get back to us.</p> <p>Adrian: I understand that further communication will be sent out shortly but basically, 25k hectares is minimal and non-productive forests. They are going to NPWS for management to protect Koala habitat and other reserves etc.</p>
<p>DISCUSSION</p>	<p>NEXT MEETING DATE: TUESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2018</p>